Last Updated: Nov 02, 2010 4:57 PM
As we approach the midway point of the Fantasy and NFL season, we wanted to thank all of you for making FFChamps.com your Headquarters for Fantasy Football Strategy and Advice. We are excited and passionate about FFCHAMPS.com and continue towards our goal of becoming the Internet's exclusive 'round the clock Fantasy Football Network. We appreciate the feedback from so many of you and hope you are enjoying the new features we are unveiling this season. Our goal is to deliver the most strategic and informative Fantasy Football product available and want to ensure you are taking advantage of all that FFChamps has to offer this season and beyond.
When Fantasy Managers analyze their team one of the most common questions is what has a player done for me lately? Below are some examples of what we have done lately, and more of the future, to revolutionize our member's experience.
1. FFCPI: For a decade, our Weekly Player Rankings have helped thousands of our members answer one of the most important questions in Fantasy Football: "Who should I start?" This year we made great strides in improving what was already
considered the "most powerful prediction tool in Fantasy Football." Though the look and feel of the FFCPI hasn't changed, we modified our proprietary algorithm we use to analyze and predict a player's upcoming performance. So while you may not see a difference, you should be confident in knowing the FFCPI is now more accurate than ever.
2. FFChampsTV: The creation of FFChampsTV is one of the many ways we continue to expand with growing technology trends. Our weekly Live and On-Demand videos are produced to help answer the most difficult or simplest Fantasy Football questions. We stream two LIVE shows that deliver the best strategy and give you the chance to interact with our experts like never before. Millman's Mailbag airs every Wednesday at 8:00 pm (est) and Fantasy Gameday Live is webcast every Sunday at 11:30 am (est). You can pre-submit your questions or ask our experts via the chat room for instant feedback. We created FFChampsTV to separate us from our competition, if you tune in, you will do the same.
3. Stat Projector: It does what its name implies, projects a player's stats for the remainder of the season. Like our proprietary "Rest Of The Way Rankings," the Stat Projector gives you foresight on what to expect from a player going forward. It is a great tool to use when deciding which players to trade away or trade for and also when adding or dropping a player.
4. Strength of Schedule: How many times have you heard the phrase, "If it's not broke, don't fix it?" Well, we decided to ignore that expression by totally revamping our Strength of Schedule charts by incorporating new stats into our formula, including which Defenses allow more Fantasy Points on the road compared to at home. Plus we broke down the schedules by position, so you can judge a Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, or Tight End's upcoming match-ups. The SOS Charts are a useful way to prepare for a Playoff run, attack bye week issues, analyze your roster's strength, and evaluate which players you should trade for or trade away.
5. FFChamps Mobile: Simply put, FFCHAMPS.com gives you easy smartphone access to our player rankings, strategy articles, injury updates, and all the other features you rely on to win your league, right from the palm of your hand.
6. Games and Contests: We continue to grow and become multi dimensional. For the first time this season, FFChamps.com offered two unique, season long, weekly, fantasy football competitions/challenges, where members have the opportunity to compete against FFChamps Experts and one another, for a weekly prize of $100 cash per game, and a season ending prize of $2,500 cash per game. These are the FFChamps.com Weekly Salary Cap competition and the FFChamps.com weekly Fantasy Pick Em competition. Next season we will include these in our membership and continue to bring you new and exciting ways to win money and bragging rights.
Like we mentioned earlier, we are already at the midway point for the 2010 season. So in addition to informing you about our improvements this year we also want to tell you about our amazing plans for the future.
1. Post-Season Fantasy Football Contest and Strategy: The Fantasy season doesn't have to end when the NFL's regular season does. We are taking steps to give our members a chance to compete in a Fantasy Football League involving just the players whose team made the playoffs. Post-Season Fantasy Football is a new and entertaining approach that gives all of us an extra four weeks to compete in this game we are obsessed with. Plus our staff will continue to deliver the best strategy and advice that will help you defeat your competition and win your Post-Season League.
2. E-Book: A Guide To Winning Fantasy Football: Star players come and go, but a successful Fantasy Football strategy can be applied to any season. After this year's Superbowl, the FFChamps staff will write the first ever Guide To Winning Fantasy Football E-Book. It will be the most detailed and insightful strategy guide ever published and its completely based on our successful approach to dominating leagues. It will be our proprietary version of the Offline Magazine but it will be current, dynamically updated, and Downloadable. Every 2011 FFChamps member will have complete access to this cutting edge product for free.
3. Cold Hard Football Facts: We are excited to report that our Parent company has acquired ColdHardFootballFacts.com. ColdHardFootballFacts.com's game of the week appears on the homepage of Sports Illustrated's www.si.com each weekend, and ColdHardFootballFacts.com is followed by most NFL GM's, and readers like Peter King and Adam Schefter. Founded in 2004, ColdHardFootballFacts.com is the "Sabermetrics of Picking Football Games" and had become known as the most accurate football analysis website in the nation. FFChamps.com members will be given very special access inside the subscription arena of our new, Brother website.
4. College Fantasy Football: In 2011, FFChamps.com will unveil its College Edition, through its agreed acquisition of CollegeFootballGeek.com, the leading College Fantasy Football premium advice website.
While we are just getting started, and are excited for our bright future together, we don't want you to lose focus for the 2010 season. We are heading into Week 9, so there are still eight more weeks left this year and it's crucial to stay on course in order to succeed. Your league's trade deadline is approaching, more players are getting injured, the Free Agent pool is drying up, now is the time of year when preparation and strategy is most important. And we take pride in knowing you rely on us to help you make the final push toward the playoffs.
Thank you and best of luck the rest of the season.
The FFChamps Staff