The Contest is a game of skill. Winners are determined by the objective criteria set forth below. From all entries received, the winner is determined by the individual who uses his or her skill and knowledge of relevant professional football information to select the winner of an NFL game each week and "Survive" as explained below.
By participating in the FFChamps $2,500 Survivor Pool, you certify that you have read and agree to all terms set forth in the Rules and the Disclaimer below.
The eligibility and rules are as follows:
1. The Contest is open to individuals who have reached legal age of majority in their respective jurisdiction. Void where prohibited by law. Employees and immediate family members of FFChamps.com, its sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to win prizes. You must be a subscriber and 18 years of age or older to enter. Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, Tennessee and Vermont may play and have their places noted in the standings, but are not eligible to win any prizes. This game is open to legal residents of all other states of the United States. Persons residing in any other jurisdictions may enter (unless this contest or entry into this contest is prohibited by applicable local law), but will not be eligible to win any prizes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Only 1 entry per subscriber. There will be only 1 Grand Prize Winner and they will receive $2,500 cash (see below to see what happens in the event of ties). All taxes and reporting of any applicable taxes will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner must furnish FFChamps with a valid photo ID and Social Security # or tax ID # upon winning. Along with an affidavit of Eligibility and Release as set forth below.
3. All subscribers will be automatically entered into the Survivor Pool as long as they registered with a valid e-mail. Each FFChamps subscriber is paying for their individual Fantasy Football information package and receiving a complimentary entry into the FFChamps Survivor Pool. Subscribers are under no obligation to actually participate in the $2,500 Survivor Pool. If you choose not to enter the Survivor Pool simply do not enter a guess in week 1 and you will automatically be eliminated.
4. THE FFCHAMPS SURVIVOR POOL OFFICIALLY BEGINS WEEK 1 OF THE NFL SEASON.
5. Each week you will choose one NFL team that you think will win their game outright that week, regardless of the point spread. If your NFL team wins, you advance.
6. You must pick a different team each week and never the same team twice. When you come back to make your selection for the next week, assuming your team won the prior week, any previously selected teams will not be available. (If you have advanced 5 weeks into the contest, you will only be able to select from the remaining 27 teams that you have not yet selected in the 6th week of the contest). Ties will be treated like a loss for both NFL teams, and you will be eliminated.
7. You must play each and every week you are still alive or you will be eliminated from the contest. (If you forget to put in a pick for any week you are still alive, you will be eliminated, results will be posted at FFChamps.com so come back to FFChamps.com to see if you're still alive each week). The first week that your selected team loses or you fail to enter a pick by the deadline; you are eliminated from the pool.
8. Entries are due at kickoff time of the first game of the week. If you have not selected before the deadline the system will lock you out and you are eliminated from the pool. You cannot skip a week, so the first week you miss the deadline you are out of the pool.
9. Once there is only one remaining contestant, the contest is over and that contestant is the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize winner must furnish FFChamps with their Social Security # or Tax ID # and it must match that of the registered subscriber to receive the Grand Prize.
10. In the event that more than 1 person has Survived the entire regular season (after Week 17), the tie will be broken in the following manner:
-Tie Breaker - All participants who survive the entire NFL Regular season (17 weeks) will have the opportunity to select a winner for every NFL playoff game. The participant with the best win-loss record at the conclusion of the NFL playoffs is the winner.
In the event that 2 or more finalists' guesses result in them still being tied the $2,500 Grand Prize will be evenly split amongall of them. Only a total of $2,500 will be paid by FFChamps.
April 1, 2010
By participating in the FFChamps Survivor Pool the participants acknowledge that they have read, understand and agree to the statements below.
Any disagreements, arguments or differences of opinion will be settled at the sole discretion of FFChamps who will have final say on such matters. Their decision will be final and may not be appealed. All participants waive their rights to bring any legal action and/or arbitration proceedings and agree not to participate in any class action law suits against FFChamps.com, its sponsors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies. FFChamps reserves the right to disqualify any participant, for any reason that they consider is just cause without prior notice.Including but not limited to:
The Grand Prize will be $2,500 cash and will ONLY be paid to the overall winner of the FFChamps Survivor Pool. The winner is defined as the person that WINS the FFChamps Survivor Pool as put forth in the rules. Paying any taxes on any winnings are the sole responsibility of the winners, and FFChamps is not responsible for paying any of said taxes or reporting said taxes.
FF Champs reserve the right to use your likenesses, logo's or names to promote this contest with no additional compensation due to any participants.
By participating in the Contest, you release and agree to hold harmless FFChamps.com, its sponsors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
By entering the Contest, the entrant grants FFChamps.com the right to use and publish the entrant's proper name, state or province of residence, score, and ranking online and in any other media in connection with the Contest, unless prohibited by law. In the event that the National Football League season is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), FFChamps.com reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the game at its discretion.
Judges. The Contest shall be judged by representatives of FF Champs.com whose decisions with respect to all matters related to the Contest shall be final (the "Judges"). All participants, by entering, agree to release Judges from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries or damages arising, in connection with the Contest or their action as Judges, excepting only collusion or fraudulent conduct
Fantasy Football Champs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, which shall be exercised reasonably, to cancel or suspend the FFChamps Survivor Pool should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Fantasy Football Champs, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the FFChamps Survivor Pool.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither FFCHAMP'S nor Sponsors are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error. FFCHAMP'S and Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft of or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, each week's selection. Neither FFCHAMP'S nor Sponsors are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or entrants due to or resulting from technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. Winners are notified by email or regular mail within 14 days after the official results (and associated winners) are posted at the conclusion of the Contest. Winners are also posted on the Contest web site. Winners must return via email or regular mail an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (unless prohibited by law) within 15 days following attempted notification. Failure to comply with this requirement can result in disqualification. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. In the event that any provision of these rules shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not rendered these rules unenforceable or invalid as a whole.